How my own journey led me to the path of helping others
Hi I'm Kate Tolson.
I'm a transformational hypnotherapist (specialising in RTT), an energy coach and speaker.
I work with sensitives, change-makers, and creatives like you to help you become unstuck. We can work together to transform old wounds from the past that are still holding you back, and to move anything that makes you feel less-than-who you really are. I want you to feel healthy and energetically expanded so that you can reconnect with your inner light, live a meaningful life and carry out purposeful work.
I work with highly sensitives because I know in my heart that those who see and feel the challenges of their own surroundings deeply are the keys to meaningful change in this world. The best contribution I can make to this world's future is if I can help in returning a few of you back in your power and back on your life-path.
My work is energy-led and intuition-driven first, yet still framed by my psychology education background.
My ‘zone of genius’ is getting you 'unstuck' through:
- Pin-pointing what stuck energy is causing your presenting problem.
- Investigating the root-cause to understand how and when your problem started.
- Guiding you to the why, to find understanding and the 'gold' in the purpose of the 'stuck-ness'.
- Helping you to shift through changed understanding to get moving in a positive direction immediately.
- Introducing you to tools and practices to keep you moving the way you want to.
- Connecting you to your own deeper wisdom to understand the lessons the block was teaching you.
Knowing what, how, why and when is key to your understanding of the problem you are facing. Once you know all of this, along with garnering the lessons along the way - you can turn any problem around to become a gift of growth.
My distinctive traits when you work with me are:
- Highly compassionate and entirely non-judgemental. You are safe to open up with me.
- Highly intuitive - my insights in my work can guide my questioning to help you quickly unlock blocked energy - it can help get you to deep breakthroughs quickly.
- I have the ability to go very deep, very quickly with you. To get right to the root of a problem. You need to feel ready to go in deep when you work with me - we get straight to the bottom of it.
- I see you in your widest potential, my chief desire is to help you to see yourself there too.
My approach has developed from my own experience with complex trauma. I have unlearned various and numerous adaptive behaviours from my own personal history of trauma and abuse, including complex ptsd.
Key problems I work with
- Deep-rooted issues - long standing subconscious issues that have manifested as something physical or behavioural.
- Resistance Energy - those invisible blocks or a fears pinging you back into comfort (fear) zones.
- Programmed Perspective - always finding there’s a gap between what you want and where you are.
2020 saw me move fully online and I now have an international client base and operate several appointment options across global time-zones.
My booking system is automated for you to book straight into my diary, however with notice, I am usually able to open up different time-slots for different timezones - so do let me know if the available slots don’t work well in your timezone.
How you can work with me at the moment
Currently, you can work with me in the following ways:
- Rapid Transformational Therapy® & Intuitive Coaching - Subconscious-mind sessions followed-up with conscious-mind coaching sessions for best results.
- Energy Coaching Container - 6 week or 12 week packages to evolve your perspective on a problem to help you refocus for a different outcome, with accountability along the way.
- Whole Mind Mastery™ - encompassing unconscious-, subconscious-, conscious- and higher-mind perspectives over three linked sessions - RTT, Higher-Mind Integration and Energy Coaching to get the whole picture on your issue to alchemise it from a 'problem to a gift'.
- Clear to Grow® Group programs - tremendous value that you can access again and again for ongoing growth. Using the transformational principles of the Whole Self approach with the benefit of group support and live coaching.
My personal path - Then
As a kid, I was 'split'. The deepest part of me 'checked out' for most of my childhood. The surface part of me learned and operated adaptive behaviours to get through (the good girl, the clever girl, the fun girl, the quiet girl, the moody girl, the achiever, the self-sufficient, the people-pleaser) depending on who I was with and which version was safest.
The deepest part of me waited patiently for adulthood to arrive so 'I could then start to live'.
But it wasn't that simple.
Because those adaptive behaviours we learn become so patterned in our personality that we end up unconsciously building an adult life that repeats old familiar relationships and situations which perpetuate the same old issues we desperately want to escape. That shut-down deeper part of us is trying to come through but struggles to find a way.
Sensitives can often grow up playing a different ‘role’ for everyone in their life. I personally would mirror the personality of whomever I was with at the time (empaths have super-active mirror neurons).
Not only did I not feel I could be myself with anyone - I didn’t actually know who I was because the deeper me had checked-out and was waiting for the difficulties to pass before coming through (but the difficulties didn't pass as I was unconsciously perpetuating them).
So I was:
- Basing my whole sense-of-self on the others around me. I was happy if they were happy. I was the caretaker if they were not happy.
- Striving for career success in areas I had no passion for, because in focussing on what would make others happy I had totally lost connection with my own needs and desires.
- Trying to be a perfect parent and accepting partner so my children wouldn't grow up feeling 'lost' like I did.
- Maintaining superficial friendships, unable to connect because I wasn’t ever being myself. Believing that I would probably be rejected if I was myself (whoever that was!) anyway.
- Maintaining toxic relationships that were deeply damaging to me, that kept me playing the role of caretaker, pleaser, fixer.
- Struggling with ongoing health challenges, low immunity, chronic pain and fatigue.
Everything changed, as for many people, when I hit a crisis point, when I realised that everything I was clinging on to so hard, wasn’t even what I wanted.
And so I let go.
The only solution I found at the time was to drop every single 'rock' I had been carrying, and surrendered to finding a better way.
That better way was the long journey back to myself.
- Working with my subconscious mind to understand what problems the adaptive behaviours were trying to solve, and what problems they were perpetuating.
- Healing through re-processing trauma which was stuck 'on-loop' and therefore creating physical, emotional and mental health issues (trying to get my attention).
- Creating and defining clear boundaries between what was mine and what belonged to others and so creating a safe internal and external space in which to grow.
- Starting to understand and embrace the 'gifts of understanding' that had developed around my trauma, rather than treating them as differences to hide.
- Learning to understand and then meet my own wants and needs first, which moved me from feeling powerless and reactive to life - to feeling empowered and in the driving seat of life.
As I started to understand my suppressed (and disconnected) self, the world inside and around me changed beyond recognition.
This deep understanding and personal journey unfolded a path of purpose for me to help others grow a life-wanted too.
Want to know more? Click the + expanders below for more.